CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Fedora Project

I'm very interested in seeing our first guest speaker.  I've never been exposed to a linux based environment, and i've been looking to install a copy on my machine for a while.  Perhaps this will give me more of an incentive to install it and learn about it's functionality.  Having guest speakers come to our class and talk about new/existing technologies is a good feature of this class.  That is one component that I think a lot of my classes have been missing over the years.  It gives you a better representation of whatever the person is speaking for.  When i've been exposed to guest speakers in the past, i've learned a lot, and I gained a valuable resource directly with the speaker.

2 comments:

Jeremy Mooney said...

You said it. I can't remember one class in college that has hosted a guest speaker and I'm really looking forward to seeing what this guy has to say. That being said, I'm somewhat of a Linux enthusiast. I'm no guru yet, but I'm interested in the Open-Source software movement and have spend some time "behind the wheel" of a few different Linux distributions (and versions) like Ubuntu, Xandros, and my favorite so far - Backtrack, the one-stop-shop for hac... uh, network penetration testing. And just as a side note, I'm really looking forward to the Fedora Documentation Project!

Jeremy Mooney

Jonathan D. said...

I agree with you Chris. I remember having a guest speakers in my University 101 class back in 2004. It worked real nice, because they gave us information on what to expect during our first year, how they approached different scenarios that came their way, and told us what their most favorite thing to do at USC was. If it weren't for that, I probably would not be involved in as much here as I am now. I think guest speakers help the audience to remember things better than regular lecture.